Simple steps to learn how to use microscopes!
There are thousands of Americans that already own a compound microscope. Still, there is only scarce information on what it means to have microscope and use it without getting into technical problems. Now, you could invest a bit of time in discovering better how to use the device and safely obtain quality results whenever you start researching.
This article is for people that start their study programs, especially when they own a powerful research instrument. With the best microscopes kits for students you will be able to learn more about microscopic world.
Step-by-step you will be able to learn how to properly use microscopes. Now, we are going to help you use the compound microscope easier:
- The first thing you need to do is turn on the illuminator. It is important to slowly increase the light intensity, through the dimmer setting. Don’t rush things!
- The second thing that you have to do is place with attention a slide or even specimen on the stage, with the sample right above the aperture. If you can you might want to fasten it on the stage, simply by tightening the stage clips. You should take into account the following: place the cover slip when needed in order to obtain the very best of image quality.
- Make sure that the iris diaphragm when completely open, thus maintaining maximum amount of light in order to reach the respective lenses and slide. Important note: Don’t use the iris diaphragm in order to control the light, simply access the dimmer.
- Rotate with attention the nosepiece in order to place the objective lens in the right level of magnification, directly above the sample.
- View through the binocular eyepieces and safely adjust the iris diaphragm, until the point of light is well-enough. It is better for more light to go through the light, for more comfort to be used with ease. With the right comfort level you will be able to study better than ever.
- Turn with ease the coarse adjustment knob until the right image comes to light, until the specimen comes to the right specification.
- Afterwards turn the fine adjustment knob until you place the specimen under the right focus. Important note: it shouldn’t take a very long time to find the ideal focus, for better imaging of the specimen.
- Try to rotate with ease the nosepiece to price and higher settings.
With attention, you will discover that the microscopic world can be a whole lot sweeter to say the least. These are simple steps to be followed in order to obtain the ideal magnification level. It is important to know them and ultimately obtain quality data whenever you start working on different projects.